Friday, July 8, 2011

4 Stanzas of Bitterness


4 Stanzas of Bitterness

Look up at the endless
Morning sky
Can you see that cloud
Slowly passing by the sun?
I think that's where I left my happiness
When our love was strong
And I soared higher with each kiss
Somewhere it all went wrong
Like tainted snow
 days after falling
it was close to dissolving
but denial kept us stalling

Deceit knocked the wind out of me
Without warning, no chance
To brace myself for the blows
Burned by romance
I still wear the scars
But I cover them well
We got lost on our way to heaven
And somehow ended up in hell
If I could just
get back to somewhere in between
I know I'll be okay
But the end of this maze can't be seen

I felt the piercing when
Cupid flew over like a Sparrow
And if given the chance
I'd stab the bastard with his own arrow

Inside there is this emptiness
To which I'm trying desperately not to surrender
Ever since I gave you my heart, I've been
 waiting patiently by the mailbox for a return to sender
so far no luck, just junk mail, affectionate smiles
and a few winks from the postman's doting eyes
I think he might be keen on me
I can tell by the inflection of his voice when he says his hi's
He's kind of cute
 and looks nothing like you
That's good enough for me
So I guess, at least for now he will do.

3 comments:

  1. Aaahhh lost love, nothing kicks you worse than thhat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love gone bad leaves us reeling, for sure. Cute postmen can go a long way to ease the pain though. ;O)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. Please say hi and let me know you were here!

Thank you!