Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hide and Seek

I don't know if I like this title...it may change


Hide and Seek
A blank page
the unsuspecting victim
of the poet's rage
if it saw the ink coming
would it be nervous and shy?
like the moon running scared
from cloud to cloud in a dark sky
leaving the thoughts of a mad mind
on a steady chase
a relentless hunt
to seek out its safe place

The ink refusing to stay trapped in the pen
Finds its sufferer
Then decides instead, to call it a friend
Draws it a true tender smile
Fills in some light shades of early blue
And dances between the lines
Until the sun awakes and peeks through
Soon after, the poet’s metaphors
Follow the sudden change of heart
And find a secure harmony
within the layers of imperfect art.
 ~Trish






2 comments:

  1. Loved this one, too.

    I'm absolutely going to start sending you contest info again. You paint with your words--few people can really do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I really should log in to blogger more often.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. Please say hi and let me know you were here!

Thank you!