Monday, January 6, 2014

Everything



It seems for as long as I’ve been—

Heavenly dreams have
Curled up beside me
And slowly rocked my mind
While I fell
Into the depths of a mystery

Even when darkness was my bed

And I didn’t know who else
I could whisper to…

Besides the sky
That could very well
Just be a stone on a mood ring

Besides the lightning and the rain
Before the thunder barges in


And the introverted moon
Mostly quiet in the conversation
Waiting for its turn
to shed some light on things


And the strongest trees--
holding the swing
As life
 Bends and kicks its legs:

Back and forth
Through the highs and lows

And I can't stop it
By dragging my playground shoes
Against the dirt

Everything will change
Everything will fall
and in a dark moment
will pause
Just before the wind
Lifts it like a child
Back to the sky...

At least once
If not every day

It's the contrast that sharpens the clarity

 I believe this is what
I've come here to learn
Over, and over again.

3 comments:

  1. What comes around goes around, or maybe it is the other way around?

    The "playground shoes" passage is one of the most brilliant references I have ever had the good fortune to read. I will never forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the strongest trees--
    holding the swing
    As life
    Bends and kicks its legs:

    Back and forth
    Through the highs and lows

    And I can't stop it
    By dragging my playground shoes
    Against the dirt

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    I just love that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. Please say hi and let me know you were here!

Thank you!