Follow by Email

Monday, January 23, 2012

Time


The clock ticks
Even as we sleep
Time can’t be kept
It can’t hear us weep
We are all doing time

Life…
It’s more than a sentence
More like serving paragraphs
Inside chapters
To a world we’ll
Eventually leave behind
Sometimes I wonder
Will I be worth history?
And then I remember
When I almost was…
Except I would have left
No page to turn
Wouldn’t even have made
Much of an ash if it burned

Then all the tomorrows
I couldn’t afford, but still borrowed…
When it’s really my time
I hope I’ll have paid it all back
Because the gold I was bestowed
Each morning
 and the smiles throughout the day
somehow
 made the midnight struggles
slip away
and they still do

and there goes the part where I try not to cry

I’m still here with time
And an open suitcase
Full of reasons to be unpacked.
The clock can keep ticking
the moments can leave
I think I'll stay




13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're staying. You are definitely worth history. Your written words will live always. You are so special and so loved.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO worth history. I'm amazed at the breadth of your reach. Everyone who knows you, loves you. I love you and I'm blessed that you're a forever part of my story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. Yes. Stay. Thanks for stopping by.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your poem. Very thought-provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please Stay ♥ You are meant for this time! Your words here really struck a chord with me. I've read this three times--I'm going to read it again.

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous poem... You have a gift for this poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still here with time...beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely piece. I like the idea of the suitcase with adventures yet to be unpacked and taking the time to explore them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great poem, that last stanza really packs a punch. Not to mention, your blog name totally rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ME 2!! lol great poem awesome cook and writer too! :0) still have some of your recipes shared on MS! lol small world

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. Please say hi and let me know you were here!

Thank you!