Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Sky Has Long Since Lost Its Blue

 3-3-10

It’s midnight now
And the sky has long since lost its blue
On the terrace
eager to catch a late summer night’s breeze
in the background
Beethoven’s piano plays
A tune of present sorrow
Somewhere lying on an untouched key
is a note of hope yet to be heard,
though once it’s touched
a smile will greet the sunrise tomorrow


Goose bumps form beneath my sleeves
In tune with the sighing wind
And the shrugging branches
Showing off its abundant leaves
The crickets gossip of the madness
That goes on between the earth and moon
The birds, all deep in repose
After fluttering about from morning to late afternoon

In the midst of the cool wind’s charity
The noise of traffic suddenly disrupts
Any chance of clarity
These eyes attempt to avoid
the streetlight’s glares
The cigarette’s smoke escapes from my mouth
and swirls around Like a tornado formed
of whispered prayers

Perhaps tomorrow
I’ll be kissed by the rays of the sun
And maybe I’ll let it catch me
Even if I should feel the urge to run

For now the night understands my troubles
So I’ll spend my time with the moon
For as long as it will have me
And never tire of its comforting tune.

6 comments:

  1. I just love your work. Every single word, every single time. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your words.

    Oh, and I love that there's no longer any cigarette smoke escaping from your mouth. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA I love that too, although I do miss it on a rare occasion. Life is better without it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was just beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. Please say hi and let me know you were here!

Thank you!