Thursday, March 21, 2013

Eviction Notice


Tonight I would prefer
 to not harbor my pain.
The earth has soaked up
the last of the meteor's rain
and the air is requesting to come inside.

Beneath a wonder
that juggles more
than my mind’s ability to conceive,
I no longer can stand to grieve
So I ask
 if it would care for my sorrow,
give my troubles a new home
if I evict my tears
to leave my heart open —
A spacious place
for lighter things to occupy

emotions swimming,
always swimming
against the current;
I think it's time they fly.
A change of pace — 
leave the salty water 
for the candy coated sky.

So tired of the aching
it's likely just as tired of me
so how about
we set each other's weariness free



2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely thought. I so hope it works for you. I think it will most days.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. Please say hi and let me know you were here!

Thank you!