Thursday, August 30, 2012

As I Go On


As I go on
strolling
through days and hours
 that I’d much rather give to you
I spent 31 years unknowing
I wouldn’t have any more
With you to see me through
I close my eyes,
and fade into nights
Where I dream this is all untrue

If life were fair
I’d give you a watch
Filled with all of my time
But it caught me unaware
and struck me deep
 with my biggest fear

If you could have it all
I’d be more than okay with none
 I keep asking a thousand questions
And the sky won’t even answer one

I’m wishing my thoughts
Were as light as the clouds
so the wind can easily push them away
Instead, heavy and loud
There in my mind they always stay
And the more I picture your smile
The more I wish I didn’t have to go on
With just a picture everyday
I miss you
It’s all I can think, and all I can say





16 comments:

  1. I love you, that's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brutal ... but poignant.. One never knows the heart of a poet, or the intention, but for me, I am thinking of a lost love I wonder if I will ever get over. (Jo shared your link, how i found you)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the beauty of poetry, it can mean so many different things for so many people but still touch them the same. Thank you, Brenda!

      Delete
  3. Yes, a poem about a lost love. Hope they reunite some day...
    (very nice)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote this for my sister, she passed away a couple of weeks ago but I know this could be related to on any level of losing someone close. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart is broken for your sadness. I understand wanting to take another's place, another's pain, and yet, you can't. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very helpless feeling. I spent my life trying to protect her, and worrying about her. I would gladly give my life in a heartbeat, if it meant she could have more time for my family and her children. I wasn't the perfect sister by any means but I love her so much.

      Delete
  5. Bittersweet-it's because we love, that we carry the weight of loss. We don't make the rules, and if we knew in advance, it probably would have ruined our time together. The love is never lost though-just channeled in new directions. Maybe that's the part we're supposed to discover....our own direction. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Channeled in new directions!" You stated that so perfectly, Jackie! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. So raw, sad, honest and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep fighting. Loss is built into our lives, accepting them is a need. And even in absence, love always remains to be remembered and felt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you loads. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed the love poem.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. Please say hi and let me know you were here!

Thank you!